This year’s Annual OCD Conference is in less than 48 hours! Type to get hype! Time to panic! Time to hype-panic!
Since this will be my fifth conference (honestly most excited for that attended 5+ conferences sticker on my badge), I thought I’d take the time to set some goals for this conference. I hope this will help me be more mindful of the experience and come at it with a targeted outlook.
Here are my goals, in no particular order:
- Make five new friends (bonus points if they’re also young adults, but all are good)
- Network for Not Alone Notes, and hand out almost all 300 buttons
- Meet Mara Wilson (this year’s Keynote speaker), and give her a Not Alone Note
- Help a first-time attendee feel like they belong
- Do three exposures/pushing myself out of my comfort zone
- Be a leader at the Ambassador meeting (and not all leaders are necessarily loud)
- Actually dance at the OCD Conference Party (this can count as an exposure)
- See the free-tailed bats emerge from under the South Congress Bridge!
If you see me, please please please say, “hello!” and ask for a Not Alone Note button. You can even help me with goal #1